How to deep clean your home?
1 Feb 2018 /
What do you think of when you hear the words “deep cleaning” or “seasonal cleaning”? A chore?
The good news is that deep cleaning or seasonal cleanin
g is not always a chore as many people may think. Moreover, according to psychologist Gill Bonds, “cleaning or getting rid of old objects, tidying up and completing tasks that have long been left hanging brings us a sense of satisfaction. This frees up mental, emotional, and physical space for new ideas, new activities, and new beginnings”.
So with that in mind, how do we clean our home from top to bottom for our greater well-being?
- To begin, a deep cleaning or a seasonal cleaning must always begin with a pre-cleaning: it is the work that allows you to rationalize all the other stages of the deep cleaning. In other words, you can turn the time to your advantage even before you start the actual cleaning. For example, you can pre-clean the dirtiest areas: toilets, oven, stove, sinks, tub and shower. Allowing time and cleaning products to do their job.
- Always make sure you clean from top to bottom. This means that you have to start from the higher places, because nothing is more frustrating than seeing a freshly cleaned surface get dirty again. Therefore, you need to start from the top corner of each room, before going down.
- Clean from left to right. In each room, choose a corner to start with and continue from left to right from that corner until you make a full circle. To make sure you leave nothing undone, do not skip tasks as you do you circle and do not go back and forth. To really make the most of your efforts during a deep cleaning, focus on the following: kitchen, bedrooms, living room, dining room, other living areas, bathroom and laundry room. You can also find other cleaning tips on the Internet as well as on our Facebook page.
- Organize yourself, for example, by postponing the going of the washing up, uncluttering or tidying for another day before or after the day of deep cleaning or ask for help.
- To keep everything nice and pleasant, put on fast and happy dance music as it will naturally boost your pace and increase your focus on the tasks at hand.
We realize that even with the help of these cleaning tips
the deep cleaning of your home can be a tiring and overwhelming task. So, if you do not have the time or energy to do it all yourself, hiring a professional housekeeping company such as ProfiClean.ca will help you keep your home clean and radiant no matter if you are in Montreal or the South Shore.
In short, we hope our cleaning tips will provide you with all the tools you need to clean your home. Or for a thorough professional, reliable, efficient and meticulous seasonal cleaning, you can also always contact us
or get your instant quote online